Your Kitchen's Cookwares and Cooking Utensils
A kitchen would not be a kitchen without the appliances, right? But remember, it would not also be a kitchen without the pots, pans, ladle, whisks and everything that we used for cooking. Every household's kitchen should have sets of pots and pans, because these pots and pans have different purposes. You can’t grill a steak on a wok, or fry an egg on a grilling pan. You will need different cookwares for different cooking purposes. Additionally, there are different cooking utensils that accomplish varying tasks.
Different Cookware for Different Purposes
It would be a piece of cake even for beginners to cook if you have the proper cookware and cooking utensils. For example, if you want to cook “bulalo” but you don’t have enough time to boil the beef (so that it would soften), you can use a pressure cooker. Or if you want to have an afternoon barbecue, you can either use an indoor or an outdoor grill. Or if you are craving for a little oriental taste, you can fire up the wok and cook yourself a kung-pao chicken stir fry. Indeed, cookware and cooking utensils are kitchen essentials that should not be left out when you are shopping for your household.
- Material: Grills are made of stainless still materials and non-stick material for the surface.
- Uses: Can be used for indoor and outdoor cooking.
- Other features: Can be fueled by charcoal, gas or electricity, some grills do not emit smoke.
- Material: Most pots, woks and pans are made of stainless steel, aluminum and non- stick material for the surface while some have ceramic surface.
- Uses: Can be used indoor (stove tops) and outdoor (grill tops).
- Other features: Cook with less or no oil as most of these products are non-stick.
Pots, Woks & Pans
- Material: Pressure cookers and steamers are usually made of stainless steel and aluminum.
- Pressure Cookers: Cook meats quickly, save energy.
- Steamer: Steam vegetables, meat for a healthier lifestyle.